Monday, November 28, 2011

A Year Later

It has been over a year since I last posted.  Wowzers that seems like a long time!  If I remember correctly, I think I was battling a little bit of uncertainty & indecision.. What's new? :) I believe it was regarding my decision to stay at the school I had just transferred to that semester.  I slowly was becoming established and balancing all things new and I think I was tired of working so hard at it.  But then, I felt a peace about staying.  And I am so glad I did.  I knew I would look back a year from then and feel a little silly about my current problem.  Isn't that how it always works? We are in the middle of going through something so heart-wrenching we can hardly see what's in front of us. We get tangled in the unknown and the aching hurt.  We feel as though this is the worst it could ever get.  But then, we realize, maybe a little later than we would like.. that the outcome turned out okay.  That all the stress and heaviness wears away, and we're left with an outcome.  Whether it's one that hurts but makes us stronger or one that happily went our way.  In the end, it all works out.  In the end, we look back  and it all makes sense.  It may be a year later, it may be a day or a week.  So I look back a year later, and I am thankful for provision.  And right now, when I have a heavy heart about a matter of the heart, I am comforted that it all works out in the end. I hope I remember that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Time truly does wonders for a heart and soul that are lost or grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and good wisdom.
    :)

    ReplyDelete